- Thursday 1st November, Future Inns, Bristol.
- Wednesday 21st November, Cathedral Hotel, Lichfield. Doors 7:45pm, Gig 8-10pm. £10 on the door.
- Friday 15th February, Symphony Hall Foyer, Jazzlines, Birmingham
- Saturday 2nd March, Matt & Phred’s, Manchester
- Saturday 18th May, Birmingham Jazz Legends Festival (playing the music of Kind of Blue) (TBC)
- Saturday 1st June, Lichfield Blues and Jazz Festival with special guest Derek Nash
About the Band
The Nick Dewhurst Band is a Quintet that plays Jazz, Funk and Blues. Featuring a group of musical friends who all met through the Birmingham Conservatoire and West Midlands jazz scene, you can expect to hear a mixture Nick’s original tunes, some jazz standards, and some covers of pop tunes too!
Nick leads the band from Trumpet, Flugelhorn and Guitar, and is joined by Callum Roxburgh on Tenor Saxophone, Tom Lindsay on Piano, Electric Piano & Organ, Tom Moore on Electric and Double Bass, and Carl Hemmingsley on Drums.
The band aims to play a type of jazz that is exciting and original, whilst remaining accessible and enjoyable to a wide range of audiences.
Since forming in 2015, the band has enjoyed playing for various jazz clubs and festivals across the Midlands, and has recently hosted two concerts in Lichfield which featured big name artists from the UK jazz scene (Mike Walker on Guitar in October 2017, and Dennis Rollins on Trombone in March 2018).
The band has also recorded it’s debut CD ‘Suspect in You’, which was well received, and featured on John Helling’s BBC local radio Jazz show. He described the band as “one that plays like they’ve been around for years. Their sound has a maturity but still with a sound very much of today”. Peter Bacon of London Jazz News described the album as “an accomplished debut”.
To follow the band on Facebook click here! Nick Dewhurst Band on Facebook
To contact Nick about the band please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suspect in You – the Band’s debut CD
‘Suspect in You’ Photo: John Watson, Album Design: Tim Perks
During 2016 the band recorded it’s debut CD ‘Suspect in You’. The CD, recorded mostly live in 3 days, features 8 of Nick’s compositions (including Suspect in You, and Fusion Line), and also features the jazz standard ‘Easy Living’. For a full CD review by London Jazz News, follow this link: London Jazz News – Suspect In You Review
CD’s cost £12.50 and are currently on sale in the following places:
- Direct from Nick in person
- From the band at gigs
- At all Jazz at the Cathedral Hotel events
- At MYJO concerts
- In S&J Music in Lichfield
ND Band plus special guest Mike Walker in concert at the George Hotel, October 2017 (Photo John Watson/jazzcamera.co.uk)
- September 18: ND Band @ The Feathers, Lichfield
- March 18: ND Band with special guest Dennis Rollins @ The George Hotel, Lichfield
- October 17: ND Band with special guest Mike Walker @ The George Hotel, Lichfield
- September 17: ND Band @ Kenilworth Jazz Club
- June 17: ND Band @ Lichfield Blues and Jazz Festival
- May 17: ND Band @ Birmingham Jazz Legends Festival
- April 17: ND Band @ The Feathers, Lichfield
- February 17: ND Band @ George IV, Lichfield
- January 17: ND Band @ Bolehall Manor, Tamworth
- July 16: ND Band @ George IV, Lichfield
- June 16: ND Band @ Lichfield Blues & Jazz Festival
- April 16: ND Band @ Red Lion, Birmingham
- May 16: ND Band @ Bonded Warehouse, Stourbridge
- January 16: ND Band @ George IV, Lichfield
- November 15: ND Band @ Symphony Hall Cafe Bar, Birmingham
- June 15: ND Band @ Lichfield Blues and Jazz Festival
ND Band + Dennis Rollins review – March 2018 London Jazz News Review
ND Band review – Lichfield Blues & Jazz Festival 2017 Lichfield Live Review
ND Band review – Lichfield Blues & Jazz Fesitval 2016 Jazz Breakfast, Lichfield B&J 2016
Suspect in You review – London Jazz News London Jazz News