‘Suspect in You’ Photo credit: John Watson/jazzcamera.co.uk
- Sunday 30th November, The Feathers, Lichfield, 8pm.
- Thursday 11th October, Metro Inns, Walsall. 8pm. TBC
- Thursday 1st November, Future Inns, Bristol. TBC
- Wednesday 21st November, Cathedral Hotel, Lichfield. Doors 7:45pm, Gig 8-10pm. £10 on the door.
About the Band
Formed in 2015, the Nick Dewhurst Band takes the shape of a quintet, and features a group of friends who all met through the Birmingham Conservatoire and West Midlands jazz scene.
Featuring Nick on Trumpet, Flugelhorn and Guitar, Callum Roxburgh on Tenor Saxophone, Tom Lindsay on Piano, Electric Piano & Organ, Tom Moore on Electric and Double Bass, and Carl Hemmingsley on Drums, the Nick Dewhurst band has developed a sound which is an exciting blend of Hard Bop and Jazz-Funk Fusion.
You can expect to hear a mixture of jazz standards, some of Nick’s original compositions, a few covers done in a jazz style, and tunes composed or recorded by some of Nick’s favourite trumpeters.
In 2016 the band recorded it’s debut CD ‘Suspect in You’, which features eight of Nick’s compositions, and one jazz standard. The band then did a “Suspect in You Tour” in 2017, and played at multiple jazz venues across the Midlands, playing gigs in Lichfield, Birmingham, Stourbridge, Kenilworth, Tamworth, as well as festival appearances at the Lichfield Blues and Jazz Festival, and the Birmingham Jazz Legends Festival. As well as these club and festival appearances, the band has done also two larger concerts featuring big name artists from the UK Jazz scene. In October 2017 the band played with guitarist Mike Walker, and in March 2018 the band played with trombonist Dennis Rollins.
The band is now looking forward to playing at some more venues in the Autumn of 2018, playing music from it’s current repertoire, as well as some more new tunes composed by Nick!
Suspect in You – the Band’s debut CD
During 2016 the band recorded it’s debut CD ‘Suspect in You’. The CD, recorded mostly live in 3 days, features 8 of Nick’s compositions (including Suspect in You, and Fusion Line), and also features the jazz standard ‘Easy Living’. For a full CD review by London Jazz News, follow this link: London Jazz News – Suspect In You Review
CD’s cost £12.50 and are currently on sale in the following places:
- Direct from Nick in person
- From the band at gigs
- At all Jazz at the George IV events
- At MYJO concerts
- In S&J Music in Lichfield
To contact Nick about the band or a CD, please get in touch via email: email@example.com
ND Band plus special guest Mike Walker in concert at the George Hotel, October 2017 (Photo John Watson/jazzcamera.co.uk)
- March 18: ND Band with special guest Dennis Rollins @ The George Hotel, Lichfield
- October 17: ND Band with special guest Mike Walker @ The George Hotel, Lichfield
- September 17: ND Band @ Kenilworth Jazz Club
- June 17: ND Band @ Lichfield Blues and Jazz Festival
- May 17: ND Band @ Birmingham Jazz Legends Festival
- April 17: ND Band @ The Feathers, Lichfield
- February 17: ND Band @ George IV, Lichfield
- January 17: ND Band @ Bolehall Manor, Tamworth
- July 16: ND Band @ George IV, Lichfield
- June 16: ND Band @ Lichfield Blues & Jazz Festival
- April 16: ND Band @ Red Lion, Birmingham
- May 16: ND Band @ Bonded Warehouse, Stourbridge
- January 16: ND Band @ George IV, Lichfield
- November 15: ND Band @ Symphony Hall Cafe Bar, Birmingham
- June 15: ND Band @ Lichfield Blues and Jazz Festival
Follow the band on Facebook here: www.facebook.com/nickdewhurstband/
ND Band + Dennis Rollins review – March 2018 London Jazz News Review
ND Band review – Lichfield Blues & Jazz Festival 2017 Lichfield Live Review
ND Band review – Lichfield Blues & Jazz Fesitval 2016 Jazz Breakfast, Lichfield B&J 2016
Nick Dewhurst Trumpet Solo on ‘Skyrocket’ – Live from Jazz at the George IV, Feb 2017
Nick Dewhurst Trumpet Solo on ‘Fusion Line’ – Live from Jazz at the George IV, Feb 2017
Nick Dewhurst Trumpet Solo on ‘Suspect in You’ – Live from ‘The Feathers’, April 2017
Suspect In You – 5 Minute Preview
ND Band 5 Minute Highlights from Lichfield Blues and Jazz Festival Gig, June 2016
ND Band 5 Minute Highlights from Stourbridge Bonded Warehouse Gig, May 2016
For a collection of excellent photos by Brian Homer, taken at our Birmingham Jazz gig, see here: