Pic: The Lichfield Jazz Big Band in action at Christmas, 2018!
Photo credit, John Watson, Jazzcamera.co.uk
Lichfield Jazz Gigs take place on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at the Cathedral Hotel in Lichfield. Doors open at 7:30pm, and the gigs run from 8-10pm, with a short interval.
Tickets available for all gigs on the door, or in advance from Lichfield Arts Website: www.lichfieldarts.org.uk
It’s always a fun night at the Lichfield jazz gigs at the Cathedral Hotel, and there’s a range of great bands and artists that play, including local musicians, touring bands, and gigs that support local community musicians and young musicians too!
Please have a look through the dates, and it would be lovely to see you at one of our gigs!
- Wed 20th Nov: Nick Dewhurst Band. Jazz/Funk/Fusion and Pop from this top Midlands band.
- Wed 18th Dec: Lichfield Jazz Christmas Special. Christmas hits played by Lichfield’s own ‘Lichfield Jazz Big Band’!
- Wed 15h Jan: Wendy Kirkland. Great pianist and vocalist brings her star-studded band to Lichfield.
- Wed 19th Feb: Iain Bellamy. Heavyweight jazzers bring the finest in British contemporary jazz to Lichfield.
- Wed 18th Mar: Nick Dewhurst Band + Local School Big Band. An evening to support young jazzers, all glued together by Mr Dewhurst…!!
- Wed 18th April: Tom Lindsay Trio. Touring the new album, Pianist and Vocalist Tom Lindsay brings his fine trio to Lichfield.
- Wed 20th May: Jam Session. Time for everyone to get up and play!
- Thurs 28th May-Sun 31st May: Lichfield Blues & Jazz Festival. Loads and loads of great bands booked – more details soon!